Business Improvement Lead - [Archived Advertisement]
Brimbank City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Business Improvement Lead
The City of Brimbank is the second largest municipality in Melbourne, located in the Western Region about 20 kms from the central business district. It is a culturally diverse municipality and is currently experiencing strong residential, industrial and commercial development. Brimbank includes 25 new and established suburbs and incorporates one of the largest industrial areas in Melbourne. It also has a number of important institutions including the Sunshine Hospital and the St Albans campus of the Victoria University of Technology. The main industries are chemical product manufacturing.
Innovation at Brimbank is about transforming our ways to enhance the experience of our customers and to enrich the lives of our community. You will be taking a lead role in identifying and delivering ‘community first’ business improvement projects across multiple business units. This will be achieved through partnering with business in understanding key hot spots and utilising business improvement methodologies and change management techniques to turn ideas into tangible outcomes whilst achieving a ROI for innovation.
You will also support the development of innovation framework, strategy, process, toolkit and help create a business improvement culture and mindset.
You will have:
- Excellent understanding and application of business improvement best practices, tools and methodologies including project management and change management
- Strong business analytical skills to determine the ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ including process reengineering, value chain mapping, business impact matrices and ROI models
- Ability to lead, negotiate and influence key stakeholders in the delivery of projects on time, to budget and specification, and delivering the quantified value
- Experienced at managing cross functional project teams to achieve a common goal
- Highly developed communication skills, particularly the ability to liaise and consult with key stakeholders, and colleagues and build networking relationships and to prepare summaries, reports and submissions across varying levels.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills and leadership skills that facilitate innovation and best practice
- Ability to work in accordance with our values and behaviours
Reporting directly to the Manager Projects and Innovation, this role will support to take innovation to the next level in Brimbank. On offer is a generous remuneration package with a work / life balance and a strong oppurtunity for both personal and career development.
Brimbank City Council embraces our diverse community and work environment and encourages applications from everyone including people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander background, people of diverse sexual orientation and gender, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people of varied age, ability, and faith. Council will give due consideration to any workplace adjustments to accommodate the needs of any prospective or existing staff member.
Applications close: February 20, 2019
- Closing Date:
- 20 Feb 2019
- VIC - Sunshine
- $103,267.39 pa with a 36 hour week 19 day month
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Change Management/Continuous Improvement