- Band 8
- Permanent full time
- CBD location, close to vibrant Lt Malop St precinct
Our Corporate Communication and Marketing Department provides communication, marketing and media services to support the City and its elected mayor and council communicate and engage with their internal and external stakeholders.
The Coordinator will assist the Manager to lead the department and is jointly responsible for all facets of service and program delivery, including budgeting, reporting, staff management, strategic planning, stakeholder relationships and engagement, innovation, issue and reputational management, and internal communication.
This brand new position presents an exciting challenge for an experienced marketing and communications professional with an appetite for change and desire to learn and grow, plus the opportunity to manage a diverse team and be part of advancing long term strategies for internal communications and digital news.
- People management, coaching and mentoring skills, with success in leading and improving high-performing teams to deliver results – preferably in a communication, media and/or marketing field (public or private).
- Highly developed communication skills – both verbal and written – including the ability to successfully negotiate, influence and resolve complex issues.
- Proven interpersonal skills with experience in dealing effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Strong practical knowledge and hand-on experience from working in the professional communication, media, marketing and PR fields.
- Excellent knowledge of the local government sector and the City's critical role in the Greater Geelong area.
- Well organised and meticulous, with the ability to produce high quality work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
About the City
As Victoria's largest regional municipality, the City of Greater Geelong provides the benefits of city living in a beautiful seaside location. We enjoy an open and inclusive culture with great employment conditions, including flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave, and training and development opportunities. The City is an equal opportunity employer and values the contributions a diverse workforce can bring to the community.
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 21 July 2017
Click the APPLY NOW button below to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity.