About the Enterprise Geelong & Events Department
This department is part of our Investment & Attraction Division, and is responsible for driving a strong, diverse and growing economy with sustainable employment growth and targeted investment attraction, and supporting key events that increase visitation and add to the local economy.
About the role
This position works to maximise the benefits for the Geelong Region of a safe, sustainable and successful annual calendar of events.
There is a requirement to work out of hours including weekends and evenings.
- Role model and promote Council values in all aspects of duty.
- Directly supervise a team of Events officers to execute the application, assessment and approval process of the City’s Event Permits.
- Ensure consistency in procedures, and effective communication to support the planning and delivery of quality and safe events.
- Foster and facilitate continuous improvement in the management and conduct of hallmark, major, developing and community events staged in the Geelong Region.
- Develop and communicate Council standards, policies and planning resources for event organisers in regards to event management on Council owned or managed assets.
- Identify staff development and make recommendations to management.
- Support and coach staff performance and working relationships.
Key selection criteria
- Relevant Tertiary degree and substantial experience in the event management field.
- Experience in the supervision and development of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise highly developed interpersonal skills and experience of the Geelong (or a regional) culture and/or experience within a government or large organisational structure.
- Relevant experience or formal training in the areas of OH&S and risk management as it relates to the delivery of events.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organised and to meet deadlines.
- Well developed strategic planning and process skills.
About the City
As Victoria's largest regional municipality, the City provides the benefits of city living in a beautiful seaside location - all only 1 hour from Melbourne. We enjoy an open and inclusive culture with great employment conditions, competitive salaries, flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave, and many varied learning and development opportunities. The City is an equal opportunity employer and values the contributions a diverse workforce can bring to our community.
Applications and Enquiries
Click the APPLY NOW button below to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity.
Enquiries: Sharon Cockerell | 03 5272 4802 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5:00pm Friday 2 February 2018.