- $93K - $104K + Super
- Maximum Term Position to October 2019
Are you passionate about Emergency Management and keen to make a difference across two Councils? An opportunity has arisen for an Emergency Management Planning Officer to assist both Moreland and Darebin Councils to develop their emergency management capacity. In this role you will primarily be responsible for the day to day management and strategic coordination of emergency management prevention, preparedness, response and recovery (PPRR) activities across both Councils.
Reporting to the Manager of Aged and Community Support at Moreland City Council, you will divide your working week between Darebin and Moreland Councils. Working closely with the emergency management project control groups at each Council, you will establish and maintain liaison with appropriate bodies providing executive support and expert advice to the Municipal Emergency Management Planning Committees (MEMP’s) at each Council, which involves the maintenance of the Darebin and Moreland Emergency Management Plans. You will find ways to align the work of both Councils to increase the capacity of staff and increase resource sharing between the Councils in an emergency. To do this you will ensure that key information such as contacts, vulnerable facilities, critical infrastructure and risk identification is up to date and ensure that staff are appropriately trained to sustain the community in an emergency.
You will provide advice to the Councils, committees and business units regarding incident control and emergency management as well as performing operational and supporting duties during response and recovery operations, ensuring that Operations are suitably equipped, resourced, maintained and effective in order to support sustained emergency situations.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in Emergency Management or a related field or an extensive background in emergency management;
- Thorough understanding and awareness of the emergency management arrangements and legislation in Victoria and have demonstrated experience working with external and internal stakeholders in implementing and fulfilling these arrangements;
- Detailed understanding of the concepts & principles of contemporary emergency management and their application including contemporary understanding of the changing emergency management landscape in Victoria;
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in coordinating emergency management planning processes control of emergency response and recovery operations, and operating in multi-agency situations;
- Proven high-level relationship building, oral and written communication skills;
- Hold a current driver’s licence.
We are an equal opportunity and child safe employer, support inclusiveness and diversity, and are Values based. Moreland - One Community Proudly Diverse.
Applicants may obtain a position description from our website at moreland.vic.gov.au.
Applicants for Council positions must be entitled to work in Australia.