- Part Time - 4 days per week
- $83K - 91K + Super (Pro rata)
Moreland City Council is recruiting a Community Strengthening Officer with strong community development experience to fill a part time, permanent role within the Community Development and Social Policy team.
The successful candidate will bring strong relationship-building and collaborative skills to work as part of a dynamic team of staff to strengthen and maximise community and Council capacity through the development of inclusive policy, programs and services. The focus of the Unit is on supporting Moreland’s diverse communities to be inclusive, including those marginalised or at risk, to be strong, connected and active in addressing issues that impact their health and wellbeing.
The Community Strengthening Officer role is focused on:
- Working with community groups and organisations to increasing their capacity to respond appropriately to the social, cultural, economic and environmental needs of the community;
- Developing and facilitating sustainable solutions and plans with the community to address their needs and aspirations; and
- Working across Council to support all work areas to maximise the wellbeing, health and human rights of the Moreland community.
We are an equal opportunity and child safe employer, support inclusiveness and diversity, and are Values based. Moreland - One Community Proudly Diverse.
Applicants may obtain a position description from our website at moreland.vic.gov.au.
Applicants for Council positions must be entitled to work in Australia.