- Full time 5 year contract
- $135K (Incl. Super & Transport Allowance)
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Unit Manager who enjoys contact with the community and working with a dynamic team to continue delivering strong financial results for Council.
Key aspects of this role include:
- Support the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to ensure the financial health and long term financial sustainability of the Council;
- Manage and coordinate the overall allocation and utilisation of Council’s financial resources;
- Monitoring and reporting on the overall allocation and utilisation of Council’s financial resources;
- Provide financial advisory services to all branches in relation to financial management policies and procedures, financial systems operations, budgeting preparation, financial planning, performance analysis and supporting the business to achieve long-term financial viability;
- Ensure the development and implementation of financial planning, budgeting and reporting systems across all business units including maintenance of financial records in compliance with the requirements of the Local Government Act 1989, Local Government (Accounting) Regulations, Australian Accounting Standards, Australian Tax Legislation and policies as adopted by Council;
- Providing training and technical support to personnel within the organisation on budget, taxation and general financial management issues.
To be successful in this role, you are required to have:
- Degree in accounting, commerce or related field and is a qualified Chartered Practising Account (CPA) or Chartered Accountants (CA)
- Proven line management experience leading and motivating people
- Substantial experience with managing budgetary processes and financial statements in large/complex organisation.
- High level of technical competence in all facets of accounting
- Experience in leading and delivering accounting/finance services, within a Government environment would be an advantage.
At Moreland City Council we provide our employees with every opportunity to enjoy a work-life balance, employer-supported study assistance schemes, salary sacrifice and extensive opportunities for training and career development.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
Applicants may obtain a position description from our website at moreland.vic.gov.au.
Applicants for Council positions must be entitled to work in Australia.