- Provide support to a large range of stakeholders in the delivery of a diverse range of projects
- Full Time / Monthly RDO
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Manager who has a passion for project management and driving improvement in the management and delivery of a diverse range of projects.
As the Project Management Advisor, you will be acknowledged as the leader on all aspects of project management and adaption of the Prince2 methodology at Moreland City Council. The role will champion effective project management across the organisation.
If you have experience and expertise in Prince2 and a passion for working with other project managers, this role could be your next challenge.
Key aspects of this role include:
- The development and implementation of the MP2 Project Management methodology and project structures based on Prince 2 for all projects within Council.
- To provide assistance and advice to project boards, executives, project managers and staff to understand and fulfil the responsibilities attached to each project role within the MP2 methodology.
- To perform regular reviews of projects to review progress and compliance with the methodology and to ensure best value is being obtained from the use of Prince 2.
- To monitor and report on project progress and completion to the Moreland Executive Group and to Council.
- Identify project training needs and conduct training programs for new and existing employees.
At Moreland City Council we provide our employees with every opportunity to enjoy a work-life balance, employer-supported study assistance schemes, salary sacrifice and extensive opportunities for training and career development.
Applications close: 5pm, 19 November 2018.
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background.Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
Applicants may obtain a position description from our website at moreland.vic.gov.au.
Applicants for Council positions must be entitled to work in Australia.