Coburg Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street Coburg
Temporary Full Time
- Band 5 - $70K - $79K + Super
- 3 Year Fixed Term Full Time Position
- 1 fortnightly RDO
- 8 km from CBD with excellent Public Transport, cycling access and free car parking
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Moreland continues to experience rapid development growth. This makes Moreland City Council an exciting place to work as we strive to ensure quality development outcomes for our community.
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic person to join Council’s City Development Branch. The successful candidate will work with four other Planning Investigation officers and a team of urban planners to contribute to the delivery of high quality planning services.
Your key responsibilities:
- Investigate alleged planning breaches of the use and development of land
- Proactive auditing of approved planning permits.
- Facilitate voluntary compliance where breaches are identified
- Escalate to prosecution and/or enforcement action in accordance with Council procedures
What you will bring:
- Enthusiasm and motivation
- Excellent interpersonal and proven customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced time management and organisational skills with a commitment to detailed record keeping
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Experience in planning or planning investigation is advantageous but not essential
At Moreland City Council we provide our employees with every opportunity to enjoy a work-life balance, employer-supported study assistance schemes, salary sacrifice and extensive opportunities for training and career development.
Applications close: 5pm, 30 November 2018.
All applicants must apply online using Reference number: 17696
To apply and obtain a position description, please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background.
Darren CamilleriPh: 92401281Applications Close:
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button below.