- Work with one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $63K + Super
- Full Time / Fortnightly RDO
- Ref no: 17856
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Hadfield, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who enjoys working with a dynamic team conducting various road maintenance activities.
Key aspects of this role include road maintenance activities such as repairs and reinstatement of Council’s asphalt road and footpath infrastructure. In this role you must be committed to providing a high standard of service, complying with OHS requirements and be able to demonstrate your reliability and ability to work as part of a team.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence with a minimum Light Rigid Truck Licence endorsement.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to use small plant and hand tools.
- Knowledge of Road Maintenance techniques.
- Strong communication skills.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact David Santha on 8311 4345.
Applications close: 5pm, 3 May 2019.
To apply or obtain a position description, please visit our website.
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background.Moreland City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.