- $72K - $82K + Super
- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Full time permanent role with access to a fortnightly RDO
- Job Ref: 17873
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, the Moreland City Council offices are just 8km from the CBD and are easily accessible by public transport or cycling.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working within the Development Advice team, the Technical Officer tasks include:
- Assess notices of proposed works within roads, and issue consents.
- Check drainage requirements of proposed developments and issue Drainage Connection Permits.
- Assess roadwork traffic management plans.
- Undertake enforcement of breaches of legislation in relation to works in roads.
The role would best suit an applicant with a combination of road maintenance and local law enforcement knowledge.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Knowledge of the Road Management Act 2004, in relation to assessing applications to work in roads and issuing of consents for those works.
- An understanding of the Road Management (Works and Infrastructure) Regulations 2015, particularly in relation to minor works in roads.
- An ability to assess traffic management plans for activities within roads.
- An understanding of pavement reinstatement standards.
- An understanding of stormwater drainage systems.
- An understanding of drainage easements.
- Ability to complete infringement notices and notices to comply.
- Proficiency in law enforcement procedures, including preparation of reports and legal briefs of evidence.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office software.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Fortnightly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of Work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Craig Pierce on 9240 2330.
Applications close: 10pm, 31 May 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.