- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $86K - $93K + Super (Band 6)
- Maximum term position to June 2023
- Job Ref: 17908
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for an Urban Designer who enjoys contact with the community and working with a dynamic team to deliver and advocate for high quality development.
Key aspects of this role include improving the quality of the built environment and public realm in Moreland. The successful candidate will have experience and expertise in communicating urban design advice to achieve optimal built form outcomes. The focus of this role is the provision of urban design referral advice for medium and high-density developments. Applicants with experience in this field will be highly regarded.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE
- Provision of high quality urban design advice to Council and external stakeholder
- Develop and deliver urban design frameworks, plans, policies, strategies and technical guidelines as relevant (under the supervision of Unit Manager &/or Senior Urban Designers)
- Project management, ensuring expected outcomes, budget expenditures and established timeframes are met
- Ensure that the required community outcomes as expressed in Council’s key strategic documents or via community consultation are embedded in this work
- Take responsibility for and work collaboratively to maximise staff and stakeholder involvement in all projects from scoping, through to development and implementation
- Contribute to Corporate, Branch or Unit initiatives as required including Council Action Plan, Service Unit Plan, Moreland Project Management methodology, work planning, budgeting
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Tertiary qualification in urban design, architecture or a related discipline
- advocate for optimal built form outcomes with planning permit applicants and rezoning proponents in order to achieve Council goals of a high quality built environment
- Previous substantial and relevant experience in the use of AutoCAD, graphic design and modelling skills as relevant to urban design
- Experience in Local Government or other levels of government is desirable but not essential
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Munir Vahanvati, Unit Manager Urban Design on 9240 2451.
Applications close: 5pm, 21 June 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.