- $87K + Super
- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Permanent full-time position with access to monthly RDO
- Job Ref: 17956
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Arts and Culture Unit is seeking an innovative, passionate and experienced Producer and arts leader to join our dynamic festivals team.
This position will lead in the creation of two festivals, with a strong focus on participatory, community-engaged programming. Working within the diverse communities of Fawkner and Glenroy, you will develop strong relationships with community and work alongside partners to create contemporary community cultural development outcomes within the festival context. Your responsibilities will include programming, marketing, stakeholder management and liaison with our contracted production logistics company. This position also supports the delivery of Moreland’s renowned major events including the Brunswick Music Festival and Sydney Road Street Party.
This role has a strong community development focus and also assists community members to produce their own events through the management of Council processes and permits.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Producer that is passionate about community and contemporary art practice and keen to develop their skills while working collaboratively with a small and dedicated team in a great inner-city Council.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- A tertiary qualification in Arts, Arts Management, Event or Production Management or a related discipline with relevant experience.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, programming, delivery and evaluation of festivals and events with diverse communities and a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality and innovative outcomes within tight timelines and within budget.
- Demonstrated skills in developing, implementing and overseeing internal and external Risk Management Plans and OH&S Procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically, strategically and creatively and to develop innovative and new services and procedures and be proactive in implementing them.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of community members and stakeholders.
- Experience in the implementation of marketing, PR, sponsorship and evaluation plans.
- Experience and/or interest in community engagement and community cultural development projects.
- Demonstrated skills in managing a range of administrative processes including issuing and managing event permits, contracts, financials and logistics.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Amber Stuart on 9240 2376.
Applications close: 5pm, 31 July 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website. Please note that response to selection criteria should be no more than 2 pages.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.