- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $96K - $108K + Super
- Full time permanent role with access to a monthly RDO
- Job Ref: 17946
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, the Moreland City Council offices are just 8km from the CBD and are easily accessible by public transport or cycling.
ABOUT PLANNING ENFORCEMENT IN MORELAND
Moreland continues to undergo rapid population growth, development and change. Moreland City Council is committed to ensuring that development and use accords with the Moreland Planning Scheme. To achieve this goal, Council have expanded the Planning Enforcement team to five officers. This has enabled delivery of a comprehensive proactive auditing programme as well investigating allegations of breaches to the Planning and Environment Act 1987. Council is seeking a Principal Planning Enforcement Officer to join the team.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- A tertiary qualification in Planning or a related field with several years’ experience or extensive relevant experience in statutory planning, and/or investigations
- Extensive knowledge of the Victorian planning system and associated legislation as well as the enforcement process.
- An advanced ability to investigate and assess a range of complex planning enforcement matters to ensure matters achievement of compliance
- Experience in coaching and developing others, managing time, setting work priorities, implementing process improvement and achieving desired results.
- The use of advanced mediation communication and conflict resolution skills to limit conflict
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellence in customer service and managing stakeholder relations in a politically sensitive environment.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Darren Camilleri on 9240 1281.
Applications close: 5pm, 22 July 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.