- $87K - $95K + Super
- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Permanent full time position with monthly RDO
- Job Ref: 18017
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity in the Early Years and Youth Branch leading the development and implementation of Moreland's Early Years Strategy and contributing to the creation of a child friendly Moreland.
The role involves collaborating across Council and a range of external partners in early years and education and responsibilities include: infrastructure planning, grant writing, project management, facilitating consultations and stakeholder engagement, report writing, influencing early years planning and service development.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Tertiary qualifications in early years, or related discipline with demonstrated relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of early years services, child friendly communities and community development practice.
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Capacity to provide advice on policy directions, demographic trends and funding opportunities that relate to the provision and planning of early years services and infrastructure.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Current Working with Children Check and Police Check.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes.
For further information please contact Annette Polites on 9240 2303.
Applications close: 5pm, 12 September 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.