- $87K - $95K + Super
- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Maximum term position to March 2020
- Full time position with monthly RDO
- Job Ref: 18019
The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast-growing city which is home to more than 180,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a research professional who is enthusiastic about developing analysis and supporting an evidence-based approach to strategy, service and infrastructure planning. The successful candidate will have knowledge of social research methods and well-developed skills in the analysis and presentation data, and survey design. Some experience in analysing community infrastructure needs would be advantageous, but not essential.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise, negotiate and collaborate, with supervision, other staff, external consultants and the diverse Moreland community
- Demonstrated ability to use relevant software and maintain data sources – e.g. Word, Excel, Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS), survey creation software (e.g survey gizmo), Windows Power BI and ArcGIS
- Demonstrated ability in research design and analysis using both quantitative and qualitative methodologies and ability to maintain research databases in a way that improves use of research across the organisation
- Ability to work autonomously and with little supervision
- Tertiary qualification in social sciences or related discipline
- Demonstrated high level communication skills that caters to different levels of understanding of data in either oral, written or visual formats
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Opportunities for training and career development
- Monthly RDO
- A real sense of work-life balance
For further information please contact Victoria Kapke, Unit Manager Strategy on 9240 2422.
Applications close: 5pm, 13 September 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.