- $87K - $95K + Super
- Temporary full time position with monthly RDO (until June 2021)
- Ref no: 18045
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is an exciting opportunity in the Aged and Community Support Branch leading the implementation of the newly endorsed Living and Ageing Well in Moreland: An Age Friendly Framework and contributing to the creation of an age friendly Moreland.
The role involves collaborating across Council and a range of external partners to guide and monitor the implementation of the framework, achieve integrated strategies to ensure the needs of older people are considered, coordinate the establishment of an Age Friendly Advisory Group and provide ongoing support to ensure the group meets its goals and provides relevant advice to Council. The role also has a focus on continuous improvement and contributing to research on community need to support program and service planning across the Aged and Community Support Branch.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Tertiary qualification in health promotion, allied health, social sciences, community development or related fields.
- Knowledge and experience of community development theory and practice.
- Knowledge and experience of continuous improvement methodologies
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Current Working with Children Check and Police Check.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER:
- Monthly RDO
- Opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes.
For further information please contact Ros Pruden on 9240 1237.
Applications close: 11pm, Sunday 13th October 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.