- Key Advisory Role
- $87K - $95K + Super
- Full Time / Monthly RDO
- Ref no: 18053
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
At Moreland City Council we provide our employees with every opportunity to enjoy a work-life balance, employer-supported study assistance schemes, salary sacrifice and extensive opportunities for training and career development.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a governance specialist to assist in delivering on our commitment to transparency and accountability in our governance practice.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Acting as Council’s key point of contact for enquiries and applications under the Freedom of Information Act 1982, you will facilitate access to information and an understanding of Council’s processes for the community. You will also have key responsibilities to ensure Council's instruments of delegation and authorisation are up to date and understood.
- Your commitment to core governance principles and knowledge of relevant legislation will assist in supporting Council’s compliance with legislation and developing organisational knowledge of the good governance.
- If you have experience in interpreting legislation relevant to local government (particularly the Freedom of Information Act 1982) combined with great written and verbal communication skills and want to join a progressive organisation with a customer centric and values driven ethos, then this role may be the one for you.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
For further information please contact Naomi Ellis on 9240 2395.
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday, 20 October 2019
Interviews are expected to be held on Thursday 24 October 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.