- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $87K – $95K + Super
- Maximum term position to 30 June 2023
- Full time / Monthly RDO (Part time hours will be considered)
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. We are committed to creating an environmentally sustainable and liveable city. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for a sustainability or planning professional to join our dynamic Environmentally Sustainable Development (ESD) Team and support Council's promotion of environmental sustainability across Moreland through implementation of local ESD planning policy and other environmental initiatives.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Engineering, Sustainable design or a lesser formal qualification with relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated project management and project implementation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the application of built environment rating tools and understanding of legislation (building and planning system) is highly desirable to improve the environmental performance of building projects (eg. planning permit applications and Council capital works projects).
- Understanding of the principles and practices of integrated planning for environmental, social and economic development.
- Working knowledge of principles of sustainable design, building physics and current sustainable design and development technology, initiatives and demonstration projects.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills with the ability to present to and gain co-operation with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Diverse and stimulating senior role at a local council recognised for leadership in environmentally sustainable development
- Opportunity to work in collaboration with our ESD team, urban designers, capital works team, and planners to ensure great outcomes on residential, commercial and mixed-use development
- A real sense of work-life balance
For further information please contact Kathryn Skidmore on 9240 2476.
Applications close: 5pm, 2 December 2019
To apply and obtain a position description, and view the Key Selection Criteria, please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.