- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $34.89 per hour + Super
- Part time position working 30 hours per fortnight
- Ref No: 18106
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees. The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast-growing city which is home to more than 180,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an energetic team member to work in a fast paced and dynamic facilities environment. The role provides facilities support to internal users as well as venue hirers across meeting rooms and function rooms at both Coburg Civic Centre and Brunswick Town Hall. Working independently and in teams, you will be setting up and packing down rooms, equipment and catering as well as overseeing contractors and providing support to the Facilities team with booking and administrative duties.
- Preparing meeting rooms for Council and staff meetings including the provision of refreshments as required;
- Preparing the Town Halls and other venues for hire by Council, staff, community groups and other hirers in accordance with pre-determined plans;
- Assisting with Civic Events and public meetings as required; and
- Assisting with the operations of Council Facilities
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Demonstrated experience in working within a local government or similar environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage one’s own time and work to achieve the set daily operational outcomes of Council’s Facilities Unit
- Previous experience in a similar related field of work.
- Attention to detail and a proactive approach to delivering services on time.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Capability to undertake the role of Fire Warden
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes.
For further information please contact Peter Mandersloot on 0466 313 433.
Applications close: 5pm, 6 December 2019
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background.Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse