- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $98K - $110K + Super
- Coordinate our Corporate Strategy through Corporate Planning and Reporting activities
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees. The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast-growing city which is home to more than 180,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Key deliverables of this role are to coordinate the implementation of the 2017-2021 Council Plan and development of our next Council Plan, together with coordinating corporate performance reporting, including LFPRF and organisational KPI’s. The successful candidate will work across the organization with senior staff and subject matter experts, to inform regular reporting to the Moreland Executive and Council. As the subject matter expert, you will also play a key role in coordinating activities and initiatives that focus on improving alignment between strategy, policy, planning and resources.
A cross corporate leader, you will have experience and expertise in corporate, strategic and business planning and performance reporting coupled with the ability to develop effective working relationships. You will have the ability to support the introduction and implementation of a corporate system to drive improvements in effective planning and reporting which will be essential to deliver improved consistency and quality.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE TO
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the Council Plan, the corporate planning and reporting framework and annual strategic delivery documents, including the Council Action Plan in compliance with the Local Government Act
- Coordinate through regular reports to the Council and Moreland Executive Group (MEG) on the performance, progress and achievement against the appropriate Council and corporate plans
- Coordinate activities and initiatives that focus on improving alignment between strategy, policy, planning and resources
- To be the subject matter expert for Council on all areas of responsibility and work across the business on these matters to ensure there is an ongoing improvement in quality and consistency
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Degree level qualifications in public policy, social research, business, or related disciplines are essential
- Substantial experience in corporate, strategic and business planning in complex organisations
- Substantial experience in corporate performance monitoring and reporting
- Experience in using and developing strategic planning information systems
- Proven Project Management experience
- A sound understanding of the social, political and legal frameworks in which Local Government operates
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Jodie Watson, Manager Corporate Governance on 9240 2387.
Applications close: 5pm, 11 December 2019 and interviews will be held on Tuesday 17 December between 9.30am - 12.30pm.
Please note all applicants must apply online and address the key selection criteria. Late applications will not be accepted.
To apply and obtain a position description, and view the Key Selection Criteria, please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.