- Circa $165k (Inc Super + Transport Allowance)
- Full Time Position
- Key Leadership Role
- Job Ref No: 18131
Reporting to the Director City Infrastructure, you will provide overarching operational and business leadership to the Amenity and Compliance Branch; which includes the Business Support, Parking, Local Laws and Animal Management teams, in providing services to the community in the areas. The core focus of the role is on compliance, continuous improvement, service standards, business development and income management.
As the Manager, you will take a lead in reviewing and implementing the Branch’s processes and systems to establish a proactive development facilitation approach to compliance. This role requires the capacity to oversee the financial and legislative elements of civic compliance, build and maintain strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders, and facilitate excellent customer service standards. Candidates will have a proven track record in managing teams and performance, as well as the ability to communicate and influence at all levels; whilst upholding the Council’s values.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Delivers organisational objectives in the areas of Amenity and Compliance Operations & Business Support;
- Supports on deliverables, feedback on performance & develops constructive culture;
- Delivers against Council’s sustainability; diversity and equity; risk management; and occupational health and safety objectives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE TO
- Provide leadership in accordance with legislative requirements, local laws, service unit plans, financial and business requirements;
- Review, develop and implement appropriate systems, processes and business standards to ensure an integrated approach to compliance across the business;
- Maintain and develop Council’s Local Laws, ensuring adoption by Council;
- Support Council’s Domestic Animal Management Plan, ensuring adoption by Council and adherence to statutory requirements.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL HAVE
- A relevant tertiary qualification, substantial experience in a public-sector, or commercial environment at a senior level;
- Experience operating in a complex social, political and legal environment;
- Experience in building positive relationships with State and Federal departments and agencies, other peak bodies and commercial organisations.
For further information please contact Grant Thorne on 9240 1242.
Applications close: 19 December 2019 at 5pm.
To apply or obtain a position description, please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.