- $98K - $110K + Super
- Access to Commuter Use Vehicle/ Monthly RDO
- Permanent full time, commencing February 2020
- Ref no: 18138
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Based in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
The City Development Branch has an opportunity for a motivated Senior Building Surveyor to join our professional team in the Council’s Building Services Unit.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Exposure to a variety of building approvals experiences for continued professional growth and interest;
- Support to the Building Approvals Team in relation to the Council’s capital works program of new and improved community facilities;
- Support to Building Inspectors, Assistant Building Surveyors and Cadet in receiving well-rounded building surveying experience for career progression towards registration;
- Ensure the builds are compliant with the relevant Acts, Regulations, Codes, and Council Local Laws.
The successful candidate must have a strong customer focus, sound investigation skills and detailed knowledge of building legislation. Applicants will also need to be a registered building surveyor with extensive experience in building surveying approvals and enforcement role.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL HAVE
- A tertiary qualification or the equivalent in Building Surveying with registration or near registered as a Building Surveyor Unlimited as issued by the Victorian Building Authority;
- Proven leadership and knowledge in building compliance/enforcement, building approvals and permits as a Building Surveyor;
- High level written communication skills are required to prepare correspondence, Council and management reports and industry submissions, on behalf of Council
- Previous experience in mentoring and coaching staff is highly regarded.
- A current driver’s licence is required.
Moreland City Council provides a progressive and supportive management culture across the multi-disciplinary branch and supports employees with work-life balance opportunities, employer-supported study assistance schemes, salary sacrifice and extensive opportunities for training and career development.
For further information please contact Paul Mulholland on 9240 2493.
Applications close: 5pm, 27 January, 2020
To apply or obtain a position description, please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background.Moreland City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.