- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $98K – $110K + Super
- Permanent full time role with access to monthly RDO
- Ref No: 18149
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees. The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast-growing city which is home to more than 180,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Principal Research Urban Analyst sits in the newly formed Strategy and Research Unit, which has the purpose to develop and promote an evidence based approach to the long-term planning of services, infrastructure, plans and strategies at Moreland. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced research professional who is enthusiastic about developing analysis and working across a range of service units to support evidence-based planning. The successful candidate will have demonstrated strong analytical and research skills and highly developed communication skills including an ability to synthesise complex information and write/present succinctly and persuasively.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE:
- Tertiary qualifications in demography, urban planning, economics, geography or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing a program to evaluate and monitor performance of strategies, including collecting, analysing and managing data (e.g. ABS; RemPlan; Housing Development Data; Urban Development program; Community Indicators Victoria; valuations, rates and planning permit databases).
- Demonstrated strong analytical and research skills (working at a senior level), and capacity to explore complex strategic issues using urban, economic, environmental and social data to provide a holistic analysis.
- Highly developed communication skills including an ability to synthesise complex information and write/present succinctly and persuasively (including conveying information to a ‘lay person’ audience through use of graphs, maps and infographics.)
- A high level of computer literacy, including use of statistical and spatial analysis tools (e.g. ArcGIS, databases, spreadsheets or similar).
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Opportunities for training and career development
- Monthly RDO
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Salary sacrifice options
For further information please contact Victoria Kapke, Unit Manager Strategy and Research on 9240 2422.
Applications close: 5pm, 28 February 2020
To apply and obtain a position description, and view the Key Selection Criteria, please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.