PLEASE NOTE - THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 17 FEBRUARY 2020
- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $98K – $110K + Super
- Full time fixed term to March 2022
- Full time / Monthly RDO (part time hours will be considered)
- Ref No: 18150
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees. The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast-growing city which is home to more than 180,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Community and Social Infrastructure Planning Lead to join the Strategy and Research Unit to help set up a strategic approach to planning of social and community infrastructure to meet the needs of the current and future Moreland community.
The role is an integral part of the newly formed Strategy and Research Unit, which has responsibility for developing an evidence-based approach to planning of services, infrastructure, plans and strategies across the organisation.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexities of social issues and community infrastructure planning at a municipal level.
- Demonstrated project management, consultation and engagement skills and ability to contribute to processes and projects consistent with Council priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to produce written documentation of high standard including policies, correspondence and a range of other reports.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively independently and as a leader of multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, GIS and Powerpoint, CASIMO
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Opportunities for training and career development
- Monthly RDO
- A real sense of work-life balance
For further information please contact Victoria Kapke, Unit Manager Strategy and Research on 9240 2422.
Applications close: 5pm, 17 February 2020
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background.Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.