- Work with one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $87K to $95K + Super (dependant on experience)
- Full time / Monthly RDO
- Job Ref: 18171
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for a Environmental Health Officer who enjoys contact with the community and working with a dynamic team to contribute to the safety and amenity of the municipality.
Key aspects of this role include performing duties and responsibilities of an Authorised Officer under the provisions of the Food Act 1984, Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008, Environment Protection Act 1970, Local Government Act 1989, Tobacco Act 1987, Residential Tenancies Act 1997 and other relevant legislation. The successful candidate will have experience with relevant Acts and regulations and an ability to apply relevant legislation whilst carrying out enforcement and education activities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Environmental Health) or equivalent
- Eligible to be a member of the Australian Institute of Environmental Health (Vic Division)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build positive relationships in a diverse community
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret plans, drawings and specifications
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly Rostered Day
- Extensive Opportunities for Training and Development
- Salary Sacrifice options
- Active social club
For further information please contact Stacey Eason on 9240 2328
Applications close: 5pm, 21 February 2020
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.