- $87, 834 - $95,742 + Super + Salary Sacrifice Options
- Full time permanent role with monthly RDO
- Newly created role
- Bring a contemporary approach to risk efficiencies
- Engage across Council to enhance the perception of risk
Moreland is a vibrant and energetic place, highly regarded for its cosmopolitan community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops, scenic bike paths and its community of artists and creative industries. A progressive council with 180,000 residents, Moreland is proud of its diversity and its ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. With its Civic Centre located in Coburg, just 8 kilometers north of Melbourne's CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at their doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
The management of risk is integral to the efficient and effective management of Council. Effective risk management provides the basis for good corporate governance, improved accountability and reduced risk exposure and facilitates the achievement of our strategic objectives.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Unit Manager Integrity, Risk and Resilience, this is a newly created and critical role forMoreland City Council. Responsible for coordination of the operational risk program (including fraud risk), management of the insurance program and business continuity framework. This role will support the Unit Manager to drive implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and actively lead workshops, deliver training, develop procedures and take action to pro-actively improve Council’s approach to risk management.
The Integrity, Risk and Resilience team at Moreland City Council are transforming our risk culture and organisational resilience through an ambitious program that will build capability, strengthen accountability, mitigate risks and drive continuous improvement. We are seeking an experience and enthusiastic person with a passion for risk management and continuous improvement.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Substantial experience in enterprise risk management
- An understanding of Risk Management principles and typical procedures and techniques
- Demonstrated experience and ability to develop and deliver training on risk and business continuity management.
- Foundation or Lead Implementor certification for ISO31000 or ISO22301
- Initiative, independence and ability to work in a team.
- Experience in leading implementation of a corporate insurance program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs- 3 free gym classes & social club
For further information please contact Jodie Watson on 9240 2387
Applications close: Monday, 30 March 2020
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.