- Manage the operations of the Food Services Delivery Program
- $98K - $110K + Super (pro rata)
- Temporary part time position (4 days per week) to June 2022
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
An exciting opportunity exists for a Quality Management Coordinator to manage the operations of the Food Services Programme (FSP) and Quality Management system encompassing food services preparation and delivery to eligible Moreland residents.
The role will include:
- Coordinating quality management activities.
- Coordinating and maintaining audit compliance.
- Ensuring that all staff are trained and meet essential quality and mandatory compliance requirements.
- Monitoring operational trends and looking for opportunities for continuous improvement.
Through this experience, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work as a part of a highly motivated team, committed to providing high quality services to residents.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Tertiary qualifications, Degree/Diploma in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years management experience within a relevant industry area.
- Qualified Food Safety Supervisor (minimum competency standards Health and Community Services sector) with well-developed knowledge of current Food Safety and OH&S Legislation and demonstrated ability to maintain systems as per legislative requirements.
- Well-developed and demonstrated real world skills in Quality systems and assurance, continuous improvement, implementation, monitoring and audit systems and processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Commonwealth Home Support Program, particularly Meals on Wheels and how these principles/standards can be operationalised to meet the nutritional needs of older people, people with a disability and their carers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs- 3 free gym classes & social club
Please ensure you briefly address the key selection criteria in the cover letter.
For further information please contact Stella Cifone on 9350 8707.
Applications close: 5pm, 5 July 2020
(in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.