- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- Band 4: $67K - $71K + Super
- Permanent full-time position / Fortnightly RDO
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
This a fantastic opportunity for a ICT Service Desk Officer who enjoys contact with the community and internal support staff working with a dynamic team to provide customer-focused and efficient first level IT application and technical support for Council management and staff. The role also involves configuring and installing PC, mobile, voice and peripheral devices and providing support for users using PC packaged software.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Ability to resolve problems and service requests to endorsed standards in an efficient manner to ensure that users experience minimal inconvenience through IT issues.
- Ability to manage IT Service Desk tickets, incoming calls, and effectively operate the IT Service Desk system.
- Day to day decisions are required to ensure a high standard of service delivery whether working on the IT Service Desk or installing equipment for a user.
- Ability to manage user problems after hours and utilise the resources available and processes to be followed to affect a quick resolution.
- Communicate with the Unit Manager ICT Infrastructure and Services on a regular basis to enable each to keep up to date on current issues.
- IT support and working in an IT Service Desk environment
- Track record and desire to provide excellent customer service and support to users and management
- Experience in teaching staff how to use standard IT hardware and software
- Communication skills – oral and written
- Ability to work in a team and operate unsupervised at times
- Experience in configuring and deploying PC hardware and software.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE
- Undergraduate degree in IT, Business Information Systems or relevant experience in a similar IT environment.
- Must have a current driver’s licence.
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience in an IT support environment.
- Certification in Microsoft Office products and Windows would be highly regarded.
- Good understanding of email systems.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Fortnightly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
For further information please contact Goran Andonovski on +61 3 9240 2202
Applications close: 5.00 pm, 13 July 2020
(in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date)
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.