- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- $100K - $112K + Super
- Permanent full-time position / Monthly RDO
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
This a fantastic opportunity for a ICT Service Desk Officer who enjoys contact with the community and internal support staff working with a dynamic team to provide customer-focused and efficient first level IT application and technical support for Council management and staff. The role also involves configuring and installing PC, mobile, voice and peripheral devices and providing support for users using PC packaged software.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Design, implement and manage ICT infrastructure ensuring systems run securely and efficiently.
- Maintain and manage Council’s virtualisation and server infrastructure ensuring a high level of performance and efficiency.
- Manage relationships with vendors for managed services where appropriate.
- Manage technical infrastructure projects using an appropriate project management methodology.
- Develop and recommend IT security policies for approval by the Unit Manager ICT Infrastructure and Services.
- Respond to IT security issues and audit findings on a timely basis.
- Organise assurance activities to independently identify improvement opportunities and adopt best-practice infrastructure configuration.
- Manage Council’s email infrastructure including Microsoft Exchange and Office365.
- Provide advice, support and assistance to users across Council in running existing and developing new applications.
- Implement and administer backup and remote access applications, systems and hardware.
- Develop technical strategies for ratification by the Unit Manager ICT Infrastructure and Services.
- Recommend and implement changes to the Council’s technical architecture and maintain as-built documentation.
- Provide support, documentation and mentoring for frontline Service Desk officers.
- Support the design, implementation and maintenance of Council’s Disaster Recovery Plan and the supporting environment.
- Provide support to IT team members as required.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE
- Degree in Information Technology, Business Systems or equivalent.
- Extensive, relevant and practical experience in IT infrastructure support and management.
- Experience in administrating and supporting medium-to-large scale Windows server environments including server installation, patching, maintenance and Disaster Recovery.
- Experience administering Wi-Fi, LAN, WAN and VOIP technology.
- Detailed understanding and experience managing email systems such as MS Exchange.
- Good knowledge of Active Directory, SCCM, SAN platforms and virtualisation technologies such as VMware, Azure and AWS.
- MCSA/MCSE Certification would be well regarded.
- Experience with managing small projects.
- Current Driver’s Licence
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
For further information please contact Goran Andonovski on +61 3 9240 2202
Applications close: 5.00 pm, 13 July 2020
(in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date)
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.