- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- $89K - $97K + Super (pro rata)
- Fixed term part time position to June 2021 working 2 days per week
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
A great opportunity work alongside leaders in the field of Women and girls participation in Sport. We are looking for an energetic, confident and skilled person to support and build relationships with local sports clubs to develop their capacity to cater for the growth of female sport and recreation in Moreland. You will work with local clubs to create best practice governance processes and resources to ensure their sustainability as a club whilst building their commitment to gender equity and inclusion principles all sport and activity opportunities at club level.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Significant relevant experience and understanding of sports club governance theory and practice
- Extensive experience and skills in engaging, consulting and working with sporting clubs, community groups, government and the business sector
- Experience in working with people from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE
- Appropriate tertiary qualification or demonstrated significant experience in sport or recreation management, community development, social sciences or other relevant field
- Skills and experience working effectively with sports clubs and other internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to problem solve and negotiate to achieve a successful outcome
- Significant experience and understanding of community recreation and community development theory and practice; principles and practices of community inclusion and participation and community planning strategies.
- Current Driver’s Licence
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Active Social Club
- Supportive team environment
- A real sense of work-life balance
For further information please contact Tamara Mason, Female Sport Participation Officer on 9355 4243.
Applications close: 5.00 pm, 17 July 2020. Please note interviews will be conducted online via Zoom on 20, 21 or 22 July.
Should we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date.
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.