- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- $89K - $97K + Super
- 5-year fixed-term position
At Moreland our community is vibrant and diverse, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, libraries, gallery spaces, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive council with 180,000 residents and 'audacious goals' for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, making Moreland a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Climate Emergency (Internal) Integration Officer is a new role in the Sustainable Communities Unit, within the City Change Branch. This role has a specific focus on working responsively across Council to raise staff awareness and understanding of the climate emergency and the role of local governments in: transitioning to zero emissions; increasing Council and community resilience to (now unavoidable) harmful impacts (e.g. extreme weather); and facilitating opportunities for positive societal change.
The role reports to the Zero Carbon Moreland Implementation Lead and collaborates with the Zero Carbon Mobilisation & Campaigns Officer and others to deliver Moreland’s Zero Carbon Moreland (ZCM) Climate Emergency Action Plan (2020/21 – 2024/25) and ZCM 2040 Framework.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Demonstrated knowledge of sustainability and climate change as relevant to urban context
- Ability to creatively and strategically build awareness and capacity of individuals and teams
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, with facilitation skills an advantage
- Project management skills
- Tertiary qualification in sustainability or related discipline
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Values and purpose driven work
- Constructive and supportive team culture
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Work-life balance including Monthly RDO
For further information please contact Michaela Skett on 03 9240 1264
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Applications close: 5pm, 26 July 2020
(in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.