- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- Circa $140K salary package (Inclusive of Super & Transport Allowance)
- Exciting change agenda
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Information Technology branch is focussed on becoming a customer-centric, high-performing team, supporting Council strategies and operational areas to continuously improve service delivery across our organisation. We are seeking enthusiastic, driven and innovative people to help us turn our goals into actions.
Reporting to the Manager Information Technology, this is a key position within the Information Technology Branch, responsible for leading a team to plan, execute and implement ICT projects and activities to deliver the intended business outcomes. The role will partner with a range of stakeholders across the organisation and manage any issues or risks affecting the successful implementation of ICT projects.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Business or related field.
- Relevant certifications in Project Management, Business Analysis or related fields.
- Experience managing an IT project team.
- Experience managing IT projects/program using a recognised project management methodology.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Experience with project management activities including reporting, decision making, negotiation, scheduling, financial analysis and project support.
- Customer service focus with strong written and verbal communication skills.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs- 3 free gym classes & social club
For further information please contact Robert Raiskums on 9240 2226. Legitimate questions only please. No recruiters or sales requests.
Applications close: 10pm, 26 July 2020. If we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advertisement before the closing date.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.