- 2 x Positions Available
- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- $70K - $73K + Super
- 12 month fixed term positions to 2021
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Located in Hadfield, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
As part of our in-house Arboriculture team you will play a vital role in helping to maintain Moreland’s urban forest. The successful candidate will have a minimum of Certificate III in Arboriculture, extensive experience in tree maintenance and tree climbing works, a current Medium Rigid and High Risk EPV Licence and other skills and abilities as described in the key selection criteria.
The candidates are also expected to have strong interpersonal communications skills, an ability to manage their time productively and an attitude that drives successful excellence in tree maintenance.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Certificate III in Horticulture
- Current ESI Level 2 certificate
- Demonstrated experience / knowledge in contemporary arboriculture maintenance techniques
- The ability to use arboricultural machinery including EPV, Wood Chippers and Chainsaws
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence and Medium Rigid Level or equivalent would be highly regarded
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Fortnightly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Brett Hudd on 8311 4380.
Applications close: 5pm, 24 August 2020 (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.