- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- $81K+ Super
- 12 month fixed term position to 2021
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Located in Hadfield, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
As part of the Open Space team, you will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance, repair and management of Council’s manual and automatic Irrigation Systems at sporting fields, parks and facilities across the municipality. You will also provide direct support and assistance to the Coordinator, Open Space Sportsfields for all turf and irrigation projects, this includes managing the efficient delivery of projects, construction and contract management of Council works.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Certificate III in Irrigation Technology or Certificate IV in Irrigation Management or equivalent.
- Relevant experience in the installation and maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems, as well as Open Space Maintenance, Turf Management and horticultural experience
- Basic knowledge and working understanding of Irrigation Central Controller systems (e.g. Maxicom) and irrigation components, mechanical services infrastructure (sprinklers, pumps, sensors, water tanks systems)
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Understanding of Microsoft Suite of applications (such as Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Current First Aid Certificate.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Fortnightly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Peter Browne on 8311 4384.
Applications close: 5pm, 24 August 2020 (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.