- $78K + Super + Salary Sacrifice Options
- Full time position
- Supportive team environment
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council Waste Services Team is seeking a professional Team Leader/Driver with a willingness to perform hands on activities. Day to day the primary function will be organising teams daily, scheduling customer requests, operation of council waste collection vehicle side lift/rear lift, and other duties as required. Industry experience will be highly regarded.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- An unrestricted HR license as a minimum
- Previous experience in waste operations
- Previous experience operating side arm and rear loader waste collection vehicles
- Previous experience supervising medium – large teams
- Must be available for a 5:00am start
- Mechanical knowledge and ability to identify basic mechanical problems
- Excellent customer service ethic
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Commitment to safety and willingness to work as part of a team
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- Wellness programs - 3 free gym classes
- Active social club
For further information please contact Dan Widdup on 8311 4327.
Applications close: 5pm, 19 September 2020 (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.