- Salary - $117K + Super
- Monthly RDO
- Permanent ongoing full time Leadership position
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our people and community are the heart of all that we do and ensuring that our staff work in safe and supportive workplace is a high priority to us. We are seeking a talented Safety & Wellbeing leader to drive all aspects of our organisation’s health, safety and well-being strategy. Reporting to the Manager HR Operations, you’ll have senior ownership for a full and diverse range of health, safety and wellbeing responsibilities, including evaluation and continuous improvement of WHS management systems, providing expert advice on all matters related to OHS, and the review, development and implantation of WHS framework, policies and procedures.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Demonstrable experience in the WHS field and relevant tertiary qualification
- Extensive experience in coaching and mentoring team members and stakeholder across an organisation in all aspects of WHS
- Demonstrated experience in implementing a sustainable business partnering and case management model across a business
- Possess a continuous improvement mindset
- Exposure and ability to support the delivery of coherent, consistent and effective WHS services, including data analysis and preparation of management reporting
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive executive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Aleece Booker – Recruitment Business Partner on 9240 2351.
Applications close: 11pm, 20 September 2020. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.