- $100K + Super
- 8-month Full time fixed term position
- Support our business transformation agenda
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Council is seeking a skilled and enthusiastic OHS practitioner to work within our Safety & Wellbeing team to assist the organisation embed OHS compliance particularity as a response to the COVID19 pandemic by ensuring the implementation of alternative safe work practices, policies and procedures in line with DHHS guidelines.
You will play a vital role in in?uencing our safety culture by contributing to the continuous and sustained improvement of Moreland’s workplace health and safety performance and have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Tertiary qualification in the OH&S field or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge of current OH&S and relevant legislation, trends and practices
- Sound statistical, analytical and administrative skills
- Highly developed problem-solving skills with the ability to prepare detailed investigation reports, including options and recommendations for improvement
- Exposure to safety management systems
- Ability to set priorities and to plan and organise own work
- Ability to work well with others, adjust priorities and to manage competing priorities for the benefit of the team
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Salary sacrifice options
- Opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Aleece Booker – Recruitment Business Partner on 9240 2351.
Applications close: 11pm, 20 September 2020. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.