At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic person to join Council’s City Development Branch within the Planning Enforcement team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning investigation, enforcement and compliance as required by the Planning and Environment Act 1987, the Moreland Planning Scheme and other related legislation. They will work closely with internal and external stakeholders, including Environmental Health, Building Services, Environmentally Sustainable Design and Open Space to ensure sustainable built form and land use outcomes for the Moreland community.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Investigate alleged planning breaches of the use and development of land
- Proactive auditing of approved planning permits
- Facilitate voluntary compliance where breaches are identified
- Escalate to prosecution and/or enforcement action in accordance with Council procedures
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Excellent interpersonal and proven customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced time management and organisational skills with a commitment to detailed record keeping
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Experience in planning or planning investigation is advantageous but not essential. If you are ready to take the next steps in your career, then please apply.
- Fortnightly RDO
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Lachlan McGowan on 9240 2417.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 23 November 2020. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.