- Two casual positions available
- $35.63 per hour + Casual loading + Super
- Be an integral part of delivering our diverse and dynamic festival program
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking two casual Event Officers to assist in the delivery of Moreland’s diverse and dynamic festival program. You will be part of a small team of casual staff that assist with the delivery of the program through general administrative duties such as contracting, data management, scheduling, marketing and ticketing. You will also work on the ground at events in a variety of roles including stage management, artist liaison and front of house.
Reporting to the Executive Producer, Festivals, you will have the opportunity to work across the festival program, which includes iconic events such as Brunswick Music Festival, Sydney Road Street Party and Coburg Night Market as well as more community-focused events in Coburg, Fawkner and Glenroy.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Proven experience in working at festivals or events
- Proven administrative experience, preferably gained in a festival and events environment
- Proven understanding of safe work practices in relation to working at events for identifying and reporting workplace hazards.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside an experienced and collaborative festivals team
- Experience in delivery of a wide variety of festivals and events
- Opportunities for training and career development
For further information please contact Amber Stuart on 9240 2376.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 6 December 2020. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.