- Salary $65K - $68K + Super
- Full time permanent role
- Fortnightly RDO
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Located in Hadfield, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Road Maintenance Worker/ Operator who enjoys working within a dynamic team, carrying out maintenance and improvement works in Council’s road reserve in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
As an Operator Road Maintenance, you will be joining a growing unit with a strong and supportive team culture. You will be working on various road maintenance activities such as the repair and installation of council assets. Drive, operate trucks and small plant. The role would be best suited to an individual who has a thorough understanding of road maintenance and construction practices.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Experience in the principles and techniques of road maintenance and construction and road signage set out.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the use of small hand tools and small plant such as drills, generators, vibrating plates and concrete
- Ability to understand sketches, diagrams and maps related to the work area.
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence with a minimum Medium Rigid Truck Licence and White/Red card.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive executive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Paul Lokanatheshwara on 9355 4221.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 6 December 2020. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence with Medium Rigid Licence endorsement and White/Red Card. Please have this ready when completing your application.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.