Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Band 6 - $89K + Super
- Contribute to the programming and delivery of our diverse festival program at one of Melbourne’s leading Councils for the arts
- Permanent / full-time leadership position
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking an innovative, passionate and experienced arts leader to join our dynamic festivals team.
The Festivals Officer leads the creation of two festivals, with a strong focus on participatory, community-engaged programming. Working within the diverse communities of Fawkner and Glenroy, you will develop strong relationships with the community and work with partners to create contemporary community cultural development outcomes within the festival context. Your responsibilities will include programming, marketing, stakeholder management and liaison with our contracted production logistics company. You will also work collaboratively across the festival program, including supporting the delivery of Moreland’s renowned major events including the Brunswick Music Festival, Sydney Road Street Party and Coburg Night Market.
This role also assists community members to produce their own events through the management of Council’s event permit process, which includes assessing risk management plans, ensuring appropriate site planning and management and advice on applying for additional permits and licenses.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a producer that is passionate about community and contemporary art practice and keen to develop their skills while working collaboratively with a small and dedicated team in a great inner-city Council.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- A tertiary qualification in Arts, Arts Management, Community Cultural Development, Event or Production Management or a related discipline with relevant experience.
- Skills in planning, programming, delivery and evaluation of festivals and events with diverse communities and a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver quality and innovative outcomes within tight timelines and within budget.
- Skills in developing, implementing and overseeing internal and external Risk Management Plans and OH&S Procedures.
- Ability to think analytically, strategically and creatively and to develop innovative and new services and procedures and be proactive in implementing them.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of community members and stakeholders.
- Experience in the creation and implementation of marketing, PR, sponsorship and evaluation plans.
- Experience and/or interest in community engagement and community cultural development projects.
- Skills in managing a range of administrative processes including issuing and managing event permits, contracts, financials and logistics.
- Exposure and ability to support the delivery of coherent, consistent and effective WHS services, including data analysis and preparation of management reporting
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside an experienced and collaborative festivals team and contribute to the vibrant Moreland community
- Experience in programming, planning and delivery of a wide variety of festivals and events
- Opportunities for training and career development
- Monthly RDO
For further information please contact Amber Stuart on 9240 2376.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 31 January 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence and WWCC. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 31 Jan 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- Band 6 - $89K + Super
- Work Type:
- Full Time