Early Years Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Early Years Coordinator
- Leadership opportunity in Children’s Services
- $100K - $112K + Super (pro rata)
- Permanent part time role working 4 days per week (28 hours per week)
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
The position leads the Children’s Services Resource Unit (CSRU) that supports the early years community, meets the requirements of Commonwealth and State Government funding bodies, and is consistent with the Early Years Strategy, Children’s Services Unit Plan and Council Plan priorities.
The position also involves collaborative implementation and evaluation of relevant and appropriate strategies to assist Council in its role an early years service planner, facilitator, advocate and specialist service provider, together with the facilitation of information, professional development and networks to early years services, and information to the community on the range of children’s services available to families with children in Moreland.
The position is responsible for coordinating the following programs:
- Early Childhood Consultants (PSFOs – providing inclusion support to kindergarten programs)
- Kindergarten Central Enrolment for 3 and 4-year-old kindergarten programs
- Child Care Central Registration
- Playgroup Development Officer (who supports community-based playgroups and leads the Supported Playgroup Team)
- Early Years Professional Development and Family Information Sessions
- Facilitation of early years networks and the Family and Children’s Services Advisory
- Support with infrastructure planning, advocacy and liaison with early year services.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Tertiary qualifications in Early Childhood (Diploma in Children’s Services is the minimum requirement).
- Relevant experience in the children’s services field.
- Sound understanding of relevant legislation and policy context.
- Experience in community development and policy development.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the functions of the position.
- Current Victorian driver’s licence.
- Current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Leanne Giardina on 9240 1206.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 11 February 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence and WWCC. Please have this ready when completing your application.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 11 Feb 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $100K - $112K + Super (pro rata)
- Work Type:
- Part Time