Governance and Freedom of Information Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Governance and Freedom of Information Advisor
- Salary - $89,000 - $97,000 + Super (pro rata)
- Monthly RDO
- 4 month Full Time Position
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Integrity and transparency are the heart of all that we do and ensuring our community members can exercise their right to access information is a high priority to us. We’re seeking a knowledgeable and responsive Governance and Freedom of Information Advisor to guide our community through our processes and support the organisation in its drive to become more transparent. Reporting to the Team Leader Governance, you’ll have ownership of the Freedom of Information process, the ability to influence the governance knowledge and approach of all Council staff and the responsibility to contribute to the development of our processes. We will consider part-time arrangements for an experienced FOI professional.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and applying Freedom of Information legislation and other legislation relevant to providing governance support services and advice.
- Ability to manage time, set priorities, plan and organise one’s own work despite competing demands to achieve specific and set objectives in the most efficient way possible within the resources available and within a set timetable.
- Ability to gain co-operation and assistance from customers (internal and external), members of the public and other employees in the administration of defined activities.
- Highly-developed verbal reasoning skills with competency in a range of communication styles and an ability to draft correspondence, memoranda, letters of instruction, briefs to external lawyers and various documentation.
- Exposure and ability to support the delivery of coherent, consistent and effective WHS services, including data analysis and preparation of management reporting.
- Judgement and decision-making is required to resolve problems though the application of known techniques to new situations.
- Strong customer service orientation and highly-developed ethical standards, including the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Naomi Ellis – Recruitment Business Partner on 9240 2217.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 5 February 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 05 Feb 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $89,000 - $97,000 + Super (pro rata)
- Work Type:
Civics and Governance