Maternal and Child Health Nurse - Part time - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Maternal and Child Health Nurse - Part time
- Permanent part time Positions
- Salary - $62.37 ph + Qualification allowance and Super
- Supportive team environment
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a rare opportunity to join the Moreland City Council’s dynamic, innovative and passionate Maternal and Child Health & Immunisation Team. Moreland City Council is an outwardly focussed, modern and progressive council.
We are highly committed to innovative practice. The council provides excellent employment conditions and offers flexibility to meet staff needs to achieve work/life balance. Our people and community are the heart of all that we do and ensuring that our staff work in safe and supportive workplace is a high priority to us.
- Be responsible for providing a high quality, family-centred health care service that promotes and protects the health of families with children 0 - 5 years in the municipality.
- Showcase your ability to work in a team to solve problems and achieve outcomes in a constructive and co-operative manner.
- Attend regular Team meetings and planned professional development.
- Enjoy Moreland’s supportive mentoring program for all new staff.
- Be a team player with a strong customer service focus.
- Be willing to undertake a National Police Check and pre-employment medical
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Tertiary qualification in Maternal & Child Health.
- AHPRA registration in General Nursing and Midwifery.
- You will demonstrate your extensive knowledge of current issues in child health, development and behaviour.
- You will provide guidance and advice, support and education on a wide variety of health, parenting and family issues.
- You will assess the physical, social and emotional health of children and their families and monitor and promote the healthy growth, development and behaviour of children 0 – 5 years
- You will demonstrate your awareness of state policy directions.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Lisa Auchettl on 9240 1220.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 5 March 2020. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence, APHRA Registration and WWCC. Please have this ready when completing your application.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 05 Mar 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $62.37 ph + Qualification allowance and Super
- Work Type:
- Part Time