Library Officer (Home Library Services) - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Library Officer (Home Library Services)
- Salary - $64K - $68K per annum pro rata + Super
- Includes evenings and weekends
- Permanent part-time position
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Libraries are about more than just books. Our libraries are vibrant neighbourhood hubs offering social interaction, cultural interactions and learning opportunities. We are seeking a Library Officer who is passionate about providing a high-quality service to our diverse community.
In performing this role, your day-to-day responsibilities will be to engage with our diverse community to provide excellent customer service. Assist with library initiatives to bridge the digital divide. Deliver materials to Home Library Service members. Provide basic administrative support. Maintain library noticeboards and community information displays. Provide quality displays promoting library materials. Assist with collection maintenance.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Ability to deal with difficult situations
- Good digital literacy skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- A current Victorian Driver's Licence and Working with Children Check
- Fluency in a community language is desirable
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a dynamic and supportive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Work-life balance
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
For further information please contact Rita Hardy on 8311 4111.
Applications close: 5 March 2021.
In the event of high volume of interest in this role, we may close the advertisement before suggested close date.
Please ensure you have read the Position Description (Click Here) before submitting an application.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 05 Mar 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $64K - $68K per annum pro rata + Super
- Work Type:
- Part Time
- Culture/Arts/Library Services