Unit Manager Governance & Civic Protocols - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Unit Manager Governance & Civic Protocols
- Leadership Opportunity
- Attractive salary + Super
- Senior Executive Officer role
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Integrity and transparency are at the heart of all we do, achieving the best outcomes for our community is a high priority to us. We’re seeking a knowledgeable and responsive individual to delivering specialist governance support to the organisation and Councillors, ensuring Council meets its Local Government Act and other legislative obligations.
Reporting to the Manager Governance & Strategy, you’ll take carriage of leading governance and civic protocols, mayor and councillors, legal services and civic events teams with a focus on achieving high quality governance, compliance, continuous improvement and effective conduct advice across Council.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Working knowledge of the Local Government Act 2020 and good governance principles
- Capacity to understand and interpret legislative requirements relevant to the role, including Privacy Legislation, National Competition Policy, Protected Disclosure Act, Freedom of Information and Trade Practices Act requirements
- Proven experience in senior governance roles, preferably within a Local Government context
- Ability to manage the end to end processes associated with Council meetings, including the provision of governance support and minute taking
- Ability to translate legislation and develop appropriate policies and procedures and to present these to diverse audiences
- Ability to manage relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present clear and concise information
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
For further information please Yvonne Callanan, Manager Governance & Strategy on 9350 8782.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 14 March 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Mar 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- Attractive salary + Super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Civics and Governance