Library Technician - Fixed term Part time until Dec 2021 - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Library Technician - Fixed term Part time until Dec 2021
- Salary - $69K - $73K per annum (pro-rata) + Super
- Job Share
- Includes evenings and weekends
- Fixed term part-time position until 10 December 2021
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland Libraries are about more than just books. Our libraries are vibrant neighbourhood hubs offering social interaction, cultural interactions and learning opportunities. We are seeking a Library Technician who is passionate about providing high quality customer service to our diverse community.
In performing this role, your day-to-day responsibilities will be to engage with our diverse community to provide high quality customer service and assist with collection maintenance.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrable communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable experience in collection maintenance
- Ability to assist with technology enquiries
- A current Victorian Driver’s Licence and Working with Children Check
- Fluency in a community language is desirable
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a dynamic and supportive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Opportunities for training and career development
For further information please contact Zoe Velonis on 9353 4009.
Applications close: 11.30pm, 14 March 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence. Please have this ready when completing your application.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Mar 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $69K - $73K per annum (pro-rata) + Super
- Work Type:
- Part Time
- Culture/Arts/Library Services