Applications Database Administrator - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Applications Database Administrator
- Salary - $100K - $112K + Super
- Full time permanent role with access to monthly RDO
- Engaging and dynamic opportunity within the IT team
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council is seeking an experienced Applications and Database administrator to oversee Council's suite of applications and databases, provide support and assistance to users of Council's applications and facilitate the exchange of data and integrations between systems.
The role is an integral part of the Information Technology team and involves the development and implementation of strategic and operational improvement programs to ensure current and future business requirements are met. In collaboration with the wider IT team the Applications and Database Administrator assists and manages support, maintenance and technical advice to the business.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Diploma or degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Proven experience performing database administration for Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure in the face of competing priorities
- Experience supporting various application systems
- Experience working with Micro Focus Content Manager and Info Pathway system would be well regarded
- Solution focused with ability to work with people from all areas and levels within the organisation
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive team
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options and wellness programs
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Ana Rachman on 9240 2251.
Applications close: 5.00 pm, 9 April 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers Licence. Please have this ready when completing your application.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 09 Apr 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $100K - $112K + Super
- Work Type:
- Full Time