Senior Urban Planner - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Urban Planner
- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- Band 6 Salary - $89K - $97K + Super
- Permanent Full time / Monthly RDO
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Urban Planning Branch is looking for a Senior Urban Planner who is future focused with a track record of delivering results.
The role includes the assessment of complex inner metropolitan proposals including residential infill, heritage, commercial and industrial land use and development and the opportunity to mentor a new generation of planners.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Tertiary qualification in Town Planning
- Broad understanding of the planning approvals function and a drive to facilitate sustainable development outcomes
- The ability to hit the ground running with complex applications
- The ability to engage with applicants and the community to achieve high quality outcomes
- Ability to prepare concise yet thorough reports and documentation
- Excellent customer service skills, including the capacity to deal effectively with conflict
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Kylie Sullivan on 9350 8741.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 2nd August July 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers Licence. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 02 Aug 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $89K - $97K + Super
- Work Type:
- Full Time