Urban Planner - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- Salary: $75-85K + Super
- Fortnightly RDO
- Permanent ongoing full-time position
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland continues to undergo rapid population growth, development and change. The position offers diverse planning opportunities with a variety of residential, commercial and industrial proposals ranging from small scale extensions to heritage buildings to mixed use developments. This role will ideally suit a planner with some experience looking to broaden their skills in an inner metropolitan environment.
The Moreland planning team has a focus on providing training and development of officers and continuously improving planning services in order to facilitate high quality, environmentally sustainable urban outcomes. The planning application process at Moreland is 100% digital. This offers a paperless environment and efficiencies to customers.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in town planning or significant relevant experience and a tertiary qualification in a related discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statutory planning and related legislation, with practical experience highly desirable
- Practical IT skills applicable to statutory planning processes
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and managing stakeholder relations in a politically sensitive environment
- Well developed conceptual and analytical skills, including problem solving skills
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Fortnightly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Vita Galante on 9240 2342.
Applications close: 5pm 30 July 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers Licence. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 30 Jul 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $75-85K + Super
- Work Type:
- Full Time